Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) Boot ROM
PXE Boot ROM is client-based firmware that
enables client PCs to access and boot from boot image files on a
- Streamlines networked desktop management, improves
network security and cuts client administration costs.
- Supports the Wired for Management specification's
Preboot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Available as a boot ROM chip for NICs, as a binary
file for integration into a system BIOS (e.g. for LAN-on-motherboard
implementations), or as a bootable floppy disk.
- Configurable boot options to enable client PCs to use PXE Boot
ROM in various system and network environments.
- Network managers can remotely manage their networks,
eliminating costly visits to the desktops